
And I don't pretend to know what you know
Now please don't pretend to know what's on my mind
If we already knew everything that everybody knows
We would have nothing to learn tonight
And we would have nothing to show tonight
But everybody thinks that everybody knows about everybody else
Nobody knows anything about themselves
'Cause their all worried about everybody else
- Jack Johnson - Wasting Time
Normally, I don't do much of anything for Lent. I eat meat on most Fridays. I make a half-hearted attempt to give up fast food, give up soda, give up cursing, or donate more to charities. Nothing noteworthy. Nothing that really makes a difference in my life or the lives of those around me. However, this year I've decided to be selfish. This might seem counterproductive for the Lenten season, but for this season in my life it's just what I need. I began my journey of self-exploration during 2015 and let me tell you I've got a long way to go. In being selfish now I hope to become a better person to everyone else.

No comments:
Post a Comment