Too much time on my hands?
It's ticking away with my sanity
I've got too much time on my hands
It's hard to believe such a calamity
I got too much time on my hands
And it's ticking away, ticking away from me
-Too Much Time on My Hands, Styx
The past two weeks under the State's "Stay at Home" order have been surreal, to say the least. Time has slowed down and continued to move forward. I've spent more time in my yard in the past two weeks than I normally do in an entire month. I've read magazines and articles and completed crossword puzzles and watched movies and on some days gone in to work (since our office can't "officially" close).
I guess when you're asked not to wander about, you go to the one place you can go to and you do the things you don't normally make the time to do.
It feels like summertime. No, not because the days are getting warmer. It's that feeling of summer, back when I was still in school, after a couple weeks of summer break had passed. That time when you were blissfully happy to be out of school and just beginning to become bored. The good kind of bored; when time pressed the pause button. The kind of bored that allowed you to surprise yourself at any given moment. The freedom that came with that boredom. The freedom to be lazy or to be productive or to just be. I forgot what that felt like and have really missed that feeling. I missed it with every part of myself... yet, I had no idea until now.
I hope one day soon the world can press play. I hope that I can hold on to this old friend freedom. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. Time will tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment