I'm not sure what it is about BB&B that bothers me the most - the overpriced household goodies, the mostly incompetent staff, or the fact that I've spent way too many hours (yes, hours!) there in the past 6 months. Don't get me wrong, BB&B has a rad inventory, but come on! Everyone feels like they are getting a deal when they get to use an expired 20% off coupon. Well, news flash, you're NOT getting a good deal. You're paying the price at which the item should have started. I'm sorely disappointed by that statement, especially since today I purchased 3 fairly inexpensive items without coupons. Without!!!! I had a pity party in my head while I was waiting for the items to be giftwrapped.
After that riviting BB&B experience I discover that there was no gift card attached to the ribbon on the gift. Are you kidding me! I'm already on the road and sucessfully out of the Wally-World shopping center and there is NO WAY ON EARTH that I'm going back in that direction. So I hop on in to Dollar Forest..... where "everything's a dollar" except for the greeting cards (they're only 50 cents each).... to get a wedding themed card.
Finally, I'm on my way home. And hungry. I stop in for a Fresh Meal Sub for the $4.95 turkey sub. I swear, the guy in line in front of me was either on speed or had forgotten to take his Adderal this morning. I learned two things from him: in the past 4 years he has never gotten any sub except the ham and swiss & that he eats crickets for snacks. Yes, snacks. I resisted the urge to ask him if he dips them in chocolate or grills them.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Cricket Boy and Other Weekday Musings
Categorically Speaking
Are you kidding me?,
Crickets,
People scare me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Cricket Boy... that's awesome. I mean, the name is awesome... not the consumption of crickets. That is definitely not awesome.
Anyway, in any event, I'd vote Adderal. People on speed aren't hungry. :)
haha, thanks!
oh, one other thing, Cricket Boy did mumble something about "protein" in regards to the crickets he eats.
Post a Comment