Friday, September 11, 2009

8 years isn't long enough to forget, is it?

8 years ago there was this:


And now there's this.

Have we all forgotten what happened, where we were when we found out, how we felt, how our world was forever changed? I haven't. That morning I headed to my 7am class like any other day. Picked up our college newspaper. The cover story's main photo was that of a cheerleader cheering under a clear sky with a rainbow in the background. A stark contrast to the events taking place in New York and surrounding areas. No one in my morning class had any idea. I found out something was up when I went to my Econ class and the professor was very serious saying "...and I'm sure you all have heard what's happening...". NO WE HAVE NOT! He dismissed us early because there was talk of cancelling classes and shutting down campus. I went over to my campus job to find out what the heck was going on and to wait out the news of campus being shut down or not. At Noon I was hungry and desparately needed a television. I ate lunch while glued to the TV. I sat there for hours in my campus apartment watching the same shots over and over. The feeling was indescribable. Even now I don't know how to describe it. It was something close to being numb and doubled over all at once.

Never Forget.

No comments: