Saturday, November 29, 2014

Help! I've got a...



Here it is, a relatively new product on the shelves at W-greens.   Don't know what kind of medication you need for what ails you?  This product is here to help.

Yes, this product really does (did) exist.  I saw it for myself last year, although I'm not sure if it's still around.

On the surface, this appears to be a useful product line.  Have a headache?  Take this.  Can't sleep?  Take this.  But as I considered it more, I became frightened because it's just a further dumbing down of society.  (It also could be dangerous.  I mean, what kind of headache medicine will you be taking?  Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, Aspirin, Naproxen?  Will even more people stop reading the warning labels?!?)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This product made me think of a scene from the movie Idiocracy.

The main character, Don't Know, goes to the hospital and the girl who's checking him in is confused about his ailment.  She looks at the photo board for what seems like an eternity before selecting the "i.have.no.effing.clue." button.




(Don't Know's hospital visit involves an unfortunate probe mix up...but I digress.)



No comments: