Thursday, July 26, 2012

So, crazy girl walks into a pharmacy...

I went to the pharmacy today, and along with a prescription I purchased several items.  Normally I don't do much shopping at a pharmacy because prices tend to be higher there.  Today I was willing to fork out the extra 3 bucks because I was absolutely NOT in the mood to go to "the real store".  As I put my basket o' goodies up on the counter I cringed at the though of why I stopped buying anything other than a prescription at the pharmacy.

... flash back to the last time I purchased items at the pharmacy.

I place my items on the counter in a nice, compact and discreet pile.   Label-sides facing each other or turned away from the other customers in line.  I was just out of college and still so easily embarrassed about almost everything.  The checkout person scans each item and carefully lines them up, labels facing outward, ON THE FRONT ON THE COUNTER!  OMG!!!  It's not that I was purchasing anything truly embarrassing, but COME ON.  Do you HAVE to advertise my purchases to everyone!?!  Do they train you to do this?? Seriously, this is not going to get someone standing in line behind me to go purchase these same items.  I'm pretty sure that if someone needed foot deodorizer or acne wash or tampons or they would have known this while they were shopping.  They are not going to suddenly think, "Oh, I just realized my feet stink.  Let me go grab some of that stuff!"

...flash forward back to today.

Thank you, oh, THANK YOU, you kind, kind pharmacist, for scanning and immediately bagging my purchases.  I really did not want to have to freak-out on you like I did a few months back when my brand drug changed to the generic (...because my blood sugar was getting low and I couldn't figure out on my own that it was basically the same medication.)


No comments: