Friday, February 4, 2011

Geographic Illiteracy: Ignorance or Apathy?


Someone at Fox News flunked geography!


I can, in fact, locate Egypt on a map. I can locate many, many other countries on a map as well. I must thank "Toach Ritard" for making us stare at page 2 every day, all year long! I must also thank my classmates for pissing him off everyday and causing him to make us turn to page 2. Oh, how I thank you all!

3 comments:

Jodie | Velour said...

Wow! So you learned something in his Jogafree class?! I am both shocked and amazed! You must be the exception. :) I learned zilch, and until teaching my own children Geography, could not locate things on a globe... like the Meditteranean Sea, or Iraq or such as. :) It is just plain wrong to not know where things are located. It just is. :)

r salvage. said...

I'm not 100% certain that I learned something in his class. However, this photo made me think of his class and how he made us stare at one page the whole year.

I really should do some blogging about junior high and high school. Well, just all the funny schiznit!

r salvage. said...

Come to think of it, I'm not 100% certain we had him for Geography.