Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Maximum Fatness: The Biggest Achievement of 2009

Obesity rates idle as most of us are already fat
Have we simply reached a maximum level of tubbiness?
Finbarr O'reilly / Reuters file

<---- "People line up to buy food at a fast food restaurant in Harlem last month. New York City officials have waged what they call a war on obesity in recent years, but the nation's only success in this battle has been that we aren't getting even heavier."

Apparently, we just don't love ourselves anymore.

People often comment on my "thinness" and try to feed me to "put some meat on my bones". Please! I'm healthy. I'm not interested in putting unnecessary meat on my bones. I've got plenty of it, thank you! No, i don't have a tape worm. No, I don't eat and then chuck it all up afterward. (I actually had a classmate ask me that in high school!) I've always been noticeably thin. Luckily I'm now at a comfortable and healthy weight for my body frame. When my weight spiraled up to 125 a couple years ago I was in agony. At 5'2" I was at what the height/weight charts* say is the "target" weight. Yeah, right! Not so for me. I was sluggish and tired. All around miserable. My whole body was in revolt. 125lbs is not my body's idea of an ideal weight! I'm now holding steady around 118 and feel fabulous. This is my body's true target weight. It's where I can eat what I want (all in moderation, of course) and not gain or lose any weight.

*

No comments: