yeeeeeeeh right. my doctor recently broke the news to me that i'm reactive hypoglycemic and i've been riding the sugar rollercoaster. i've got to get off now. but it was sooooo much fun. cakes and sodas everywhere!
i've got to seriously reduce the amount of simple sugars i ingest to prevent the highs and the crashes that result from the highs. because ingesting extreme amounts of sugar leads to excessive insulin output (insulin resistance) and potentially progressing to diabetes. not only that the increasing and consistently high levels on insulin in the bloodstream can in the long-term affect memory and even lead to alzheimers. :: take deep breath now:: sorry for the badly constructed sentence w/ no punctuation, but i was holding my breath while i typed it.
No more real Coke. (and no Diet Coke either - that aspartame shit is poison! well, maybe not poision, but it makes me nauseous so i refuse to drink it)
On the bright side, when someone asks why i'm not eating the icing off my cake I can say "because I'm hypoglycemic" rather than "i don't like icing". Because hell, who doesn't like icing??!!!!
Now I'm drinking vitamin water b/c it's only 13g of sugar per 8oz, regular water, unsweetened iced tea and dum dum dum daaaa lemon water. That's right. Lemon water. Cheap person lemonade. And it's quite satisfying. Just like real lemonade but without the horrendous crash in about 30 minutes.
Can you tell how excited I am about all this!
It's unfortunate that now sugar is EVIL. I was at Wally World today during lunch to stock up on Hypo-friendly foods. ( ie. Peanut Butter ) EVERYTHING out there is EVIL. Some lady in the check out line grabbed a real Sprite out of the cooler, and I nearly broke down. "Do you have any idea what you are doing to your body! Sugar is EVIL. Evil, I say!"
I'm way past the denial stage. This would be the anger stage.
The following video illustrates how I feel on this topic:
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
i'm making lemon-water and loving it.
Categorically Speaking
Are you kidding me?,
On a serious note,
Prepare for a pity-party
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I did not know that.
I can't believe you did now know that!
HaHa, just kidding. Do I know you?
Post a Comment